Just better for your back with the unique Australian Patented and Design Registered Cot was designed to reduce the stress placed on carers and mums by increasing the base height and making access to the child easier. The design allows carers to get closer to the child to reduce the impact of the load.
Why a specific Cot for this industry?
In mid 2011, Work Safe Victoria discovered carers were suffering from multiple skeletal injuries caused by the repeated manual handling and bending into cots. The injuries caused vary but are caused primarily by the repeated bending into lower-level cots. Work Safe Victoria proceeded to issue Early Learning Centres infringement notices and required centres to change their cots to a more suitable cot to reduce the injuries caused.
The options for Early Learning Centres were limited to Cots that did not meet Australian Standards or metal cots which didn’t meet the comfort and assurance requirements of parents and carers.
The next step . . .
In consultation with various associations including Work Safe Victoria, Kindergarten Parents Victoria (KPV), Good Start Childcare, Fair Trading Victoria, Fair Trading Queensland and one of Australia’s leading ergonomists Chris Fitzgerald, babyhood took up the challenge of developing a Cot specific for the this industry’s needs. This was no easy task as it required new innovation, new technology and the consensus of all the related parties as to what was best for carers, babies and parents.
Almost 14 months later babyhood has designed and manufactured the NEW babyhood Ergonomic Cot, which was proudly launched at the KPV Conference in Melbourne.
The unique Australian Patented and Design Registered Cot was designed to reduce the stress placed on carers by increasing the base height and making access to the child easier. The design allows carers to get closer to the child to reduce the impact of the load.
• The safest cot for you and your baby
• Better for you and your baby as it is sustainable with real clear grade NZ plantation timber
• Ergonomically designed to save your back with babyhood’s famous smooth single hand drop side with extra safety latch
• Grows with your child, with the patented long range drop side you have easy access to baby as they grow
• Safer for your baby with BPA free teething rails that are very discreet
• Easy to manoeuvre around your nursery with 4x lockable heavy duty castors which are perfectly suitable for an evacuation cot
|Dimensions||76 × 148 × 28 cm|